FORT WORTH, Texas, Jan. 25, 2017 — Today, American Airlines announced that team members will be able to take up to 10 weeks of fully-paid time off to recover from pregnancy and delivery, as well as receive up to $4,000 in financial support and positive space travel related to adoptions. The new resources are available to eligible U.S.-based mainline team members – both those represented by unions and those who are not. The programs go into effect March 1, 2017.
Post-Pregnancy Maternity Short-Term Disability Plan
- Up to 10 weeks of 100 percent paid leave (at no cost to the team member), immediately following the date of delivery.
- Available to team members with one year of continual service with American Airlines Inc. preceding the day of delivery.
Adoption Assistance Program
- Eligible team members may apply to receive up to $4,000 in expense reimbursements relating to each adoption case ($8,000 max).
- Available to team members with one year of continual service with American Airlines Inc. preceding the date the adoption is final.
- Positive space travel is available for team members to pick up the employee’s soon-to-be Qualified Adoptee.
American is actively working with union leaders for an agreement to provide these programs to union-represented team members.